News and Upcoming Events
News You Can Use
- First “official” indoor service on June 6 at 10:00 a.m. Stay tuned for more information! We will also be celebrating our high school and college graduates.
- There will not be a Vestry meeting in June. They will be take this month off from meeting instead of August this year to accommodate schedules and the busy fall commitments.
- St. Alban’s has posted a job opening for a part-time Children’s Minister on all the recommended sites. If you know someone who might be interested, please contact Senior Warden Jennifer Cawley for the full job description and benefits.
- We are planning a heartfelt send-off for Catherine LaGrone and her family for Sunday, June 27th in the Parish Life Center following worship. In addition to this celebration, we are collecting a purse as a financial reflection of how much Catherine has meant to us over the past 11 years. You can contribute via our secure online giving site under the Special Events category, or by sending a check to St. Alban’s with “Catherine LaGrone Purse” in the memo line.
Lisa Perez is working with a professional A/V company, with financial support from a Diocesan grant, to help prepare our Church Building for permanent livestreaming. If you are tech inclined and would like to learn more about serving on the worship Tech Guild, please talk to Lisa. You would be starting and stopping the worship livestream on Sunday mornings.
Altar Flowers and Floral Guild
Being back indoors for worship means we can plan to have flowers at the altar! Did you know our altar flowers are mostly funded by donations from parishioners in honor, celebration, or memory of someone or an anniversary? If you would like to donate one or both of the altar arrangements on a given Sunday, please see the online sign-up in the Weekly eNews. To pay, place a check in the offering plate with “altar flowers” in the memo line or go to www.stalbansaustin.org/give and follow the link to our secure online giving site where you can designate “Other Ministries” with “altar flowers” in the memo line.
Thank you to Alice Nelson for her joyful leadership for the Floral Guild, and thank you to Rosanne Crump for taking on this ministry leadership role. All of the members of the Floral Guild ministry do a beautiful job selecting and creating the arrangements!
As we venture to a return to normal in our parish and the hopeful calling of a new rector, St. Alban’s will soon turn our focus back to our capital campaign. Work will begin at the end of August with a mid-September kick-off planned. However, as we’ve mentioned before, parishioners can start making donations now! Some parishioners have been making monthly contributions to the campaign for several years now. A good way to make a contribution is by giving stock that has a low-cost basis. As a stock donor, you can deduct the value of the donation on your income tax, thereby not having to pay taxes on the capital gains. For more information on how to make a donation of stock to the capital campaign, please contact St. Alban’s Treasurer Liz Swofford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacation Bible School: June 14-17, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
We are excited to be able to offer VBS in-person this year! There will be lots of COVID precautions in place, such as masking, mostly outdoors activities, and reduced number of participants and volunteers. We wish we could have the big VBS blowout of years prior, but the scaled down numbers will help us keep everyone safe. Check Ms. Catherine's weekly email to families or contact her for more info at email@example.com.
While we will be keeping things smaller this year and staying mostly outdoors, we still need support from our members to make it the best it can be! To donate funds to help with crafts supplies, decorations, and t-shirts for participants and volunteers, go to our website www.stalbansaustin.org and select “Give” from the navigation bar. Select “Online Giving” and put in your gift amount for “other ministries. Please designate as VBS Donations. Thank you in advance for your generosity. We couldn't do it without you!!
- If you would like to reserve space at St. Alban's for your ministry, please use the Facilities Reservation Request Form found here.
- If you do not need to reserve space, but would like to have something publicized for the wider parish, please click here for the Opportunity Publicity Request. (For example, if you would like to let people know what your ministry is up to or to invite people to join.
Please contact Parish Life Administrator Lisa Perez for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org).